This post may contain affiliate linksJump to Recipe
Instant Pot for Easy Cooking
Summer is here, and I find myself slow to change my cooking habits. There have been a number of times when I’ve had the oven on and the stove top aflame and, halfway through, I wonder why am I adding all this heat to my house? I’ve started using the Instant Pot even more than usual to make easy meals and keep the house cool.
I love to use the Instant Pot for hands off cooking. I add all the ingredients, wash up any dishes, and dinner is ready in a one pot meal. It gives me more time to get gardening done or organize something (which I’m always doing), or even just sit down and read a book.
NEW Ancestral Meal Plan
This Whole Grain Rice with Chickpeas is featured in my new meal plan. The entire meal plan is focused on ancestral foods, such as soaked grains and legumes, pastured meats, wild caught fish, and fresh produce. You will love feasting on nourishing fats, healthy proteins, and seasonal fruits and vegetables. These meals are so satisfying, you won’t even miss processed foods!
Be Sure to Include These Recipes
Chicken broth is nourishing, flavorful, and cheaper to make than to buy. Make it ahead of time to use in this Instant Pot Whole Grain Rice with Chickpeas.
See you next time,
Instant Pot Whole Grain Rice with Chickpeas
- Instant Pot
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas 1 can
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1 can coconut milk
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar Stir in at the end, when finished cooking.
- optional greens, for serving
- If soaking the rice ahead of time, combine brown rice with 4 cups filtered water and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. When ready to cook, drain and rinse. If not soaking rice, just rinse.
- Chop onion and garlic. Choose "Sauté" on Instant Pot and add olive oil. Sauté for 5 minutes until soft. Add in remaining ingredients, except for apple cider vinegar, which will be added at the end.
- Lock lid, set vent to "seal", and choose manual pressure set to high. Cook for 10 minutes, allowing pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes.
- Stir in apple cider vinegar, and serve with greens.