Just Around the Corner
America’s favorite holiday is just around the corner. Are you ready to gather with family and friends and do what we all love to do – eat? I got you covered, whether you are hosting or bringing a dish, with an easy (healthy!) Thanksgiving meal plan. Let’s dig in.
A balanced holiday meal means lots of flavor, good nourishment, and a bit of indulgence. Every good meal has a protein, a vegetable, a starch and, when celebrating, a dessert. I will list out a couple options in each of these categories so you can build your feast just how you like.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs: While this recipe is for chicken, you could also use a quartered turkey if you want to keep things traditional.
- Turkey Soup: Keep the meat traditional by using turkey, but change it up with soup.
- Fall Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts: I love this light and flavorful salad that features blue cheese, cranberries, green apples, and walnuts.
- French Green Lentil and Butternut Squash Salad with Goat Cheese: This salad is very hearty, and I love how the tangy goat cheese, creamy lentils, and sweet squash complement each other in this dish.
- Fermented Sourdough Rolls with Seeds: I love how light and fluffy these rolls turn out. They have extra health benefits from the long fermentation process, and are fabulous warm, with butter.
- Roasted Sweet Potato Medallions: I probably make these once a week, but they are still good enough for a nice holiday dinner. Plus, they have the word “medallion” in the title. You can’t go wrong.
- Cardamom Apple Cake: Be still my heart. Cardamom spice in cake? Why, yes, and it pairs beautifully with apples. Change things up from traditional pie and give this cake a try.
- Low Carb Chocolate Paleo Pudding: One of my favorite things to do, with my food intolerances and fitness goals, is to bring a dessert I can actually eat. This would be the one. It’s super chocolatey and decadent, and no one would know it’s low carb!
Now it’s your turn! How will you build your Thanksgiving feast? Here are all the recipes, once again, for you to view.
Thanks for reading, my friends! See you next time.